Playwright | Theater Director | Dramaturg
Screenwriter | Actor | Singer
Dangal ni Balagtas, Awardee
Carlos Palanca Awards for Literature, Hall of Fame
Ateneo’s Gawad Tanglaw ng Lahi, Awardee
Virgin Labfest, Co-Founder
The Writer’s Bloc, Inc., Executive Director
Philippine Educational Theater Association (PETA), former Artistic Director
13 VIDEO LESSONS
- Lectures by Rody Vera
- Documentation of actual playwriting workshop with participants
FORUM WITH PHILIPPINE THEATER DIRECTORS AND ACTORS
- Hear directly from stage actors and the artistic directors of CCP, PETA, Sipat Lawin on what excites them in a script
- Downloadable summaries
- List of References
- Discuss with your classmates
- Read and comment on each others’ works
- Read and discuss available scripts included in the course
- Submit your script to mentor Rody Vera*
*separate premium fee
Be part of the FIRST Writer’s Bloc Online
- Enrollees can be members of the first Writer’s Bloc Online once they submit their finished script under the program.
- FREE MEMBERSHIP for one year!*
*Promo is until April 15, 2019 only!
- Watch selected Pelikulove Plays-on-Video (stageplays captured in film style)
When Sir Rody taught us the approach about conflict, I realized that it’s actually so much simpler and practical than how I teach it.
May Cardoso, Literature professor playwright of “Ang Sugilanon ng Kabiguan ni Epefania” (VLF 12)
Sobrang thankful ako. Ang dami kong na-pick up from Sir Rody and my co-workshoppers.
Carlo Tarobal, film graduate finished his first play
I felt like I’m having a master’s degree on stage playwriting.
Migy Obina, banker playwright, “Mga Bata sa Selda 43” (VLF 14)
Nasa stage ako ng paghahanap ulit ng marka o katotohanan na mayroon ka. Sakto itong workshop. Challenge is to say what story you want to tell that will make your mark as a playwright.
J-mee Katanyag, GMA writer/brainstormer and PETA artist-teacher, playwright “Betang”, VLF 10
RESERVE YOUR SLOT!